Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Do you ever feel like you're in an episode of Charlie Brown?

I don't know if it's because of all the preparation that goes into getting a person ready to go to war, but I have zero attention span to anything else. Other than Jim and my three girls I hear basically nothing. With seven weeks to go I can't think. Everyone that talks to me sounds like the teacher in Charlie Brown. Wah wah wah wah wah wah.

Sunday we had an all out fabulous day. We went to the zoo, then the creative discovery museum, then to TGIFridays, and then the aquarium. The girls had so much fun. They're thick as thieves now. It was so nice to walk around holding hands with Jim watching the girls have the time of their lives. Jess told us at lunch she wants to live with us. I think that made Jims' year. It made me happy too, she also told me she loved me for the first time.

I know I'm not being hilarious or telling great stories like the people to my right do, but I'm in a tunnel. All I see is him leaving. I'm trying to enjoy every second until then. We're actually going to go stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo for two nights in one of the train cars this weekend. No kids, just us. We don't get alot of that. We'll just act like tourists on vacation and enjoy ourselves.

I hope all is well with all of you. Much love

2 comments:

Kellan said...

I'm sure it is hard to think of anything else. I'm glad you are having some good quality times together - that is the important thing! Take care - Kellan

Laurel (without Hardy) said...

Thanks Kellan, just one day at a time :)