Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Go vote or shut the f@&( up for the next four years!

I've been off doing some work with the local Obama campaign. Sorry I've not been around. I'm not going to sit here and tell you who to vote for. That would be stupid of me. On the other hand, since I apparently do stoopid things on a regular basis, please vote for:
Barack OBAMA!

Ever since the first time I ever voted (for Al Gore) I've felt a sense of despondency when it comes to elections. I felt like I didn't count that year. That many of us didn't count. I often wonder how would things be different now?

This year my hope has returned. I may be blind, but this year I truly believe we have the right man to do the job. He has a hell of a job in front of him. One.Hell.Of.A.Job.

Anyway, I fractured my ankle last weekend floating like a swan (walking from my house to my sister's back door) and ended up falling over a log. I even ate pavement. It was awesome. My doctor thinks I have serious issues. I insist I'm graceful and he knows I'm not. Evidenced by when I fell off that stupid examination table. I hate when the paper gets stuck to my ass. So, yes I have some Lortab (thank God for that stuff) in my system and I'm great.

Anyway, today is Green Life Tuesday with Marjorie! YAY!!!!!!! We may have to go have a drink (on the clock) to celebrate today. I may be the bad older sister and talk her into going to T-Bones (with a bar) and have drinks with lunch.

Confession: I'm obsessed with "Womanizer" by Brit Brit Spears. I can't get it out of mah head. What shall I do?

Confession: I wrapped my ankle too tight with an ace bandage and now have a bruise and a blister to thank me for it.

Confession: I wanted to tell everyone to vote for Obama while I was waiting in line. Correction: I wanted to scream it.

Confession: I really don't dislike anyone who thinks differently than I do when it comes to politics. Unless they're those vote yes on prop8 people. I don't like them very much. Seriously, that is what this country is all about. Being able to vote for who we want.

Confession: I'm addicted to the show "Heroes". Sci-fi at its' best. Last night the SNL Presidential blast was on so I watched that instead. I <3 Tina Fey!

Happy Election Day!

UPDATE:
We went to the Southern Star and had soup and half - sandwhiches with some good ole' bud light. Cheers to todays' victory

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya...

i was thinking about you as I stood in line to vote earlier today. Sorry about your ankle...I sprain one of mine at least once a year because I am graceful too. I flit, I float, I flop. I'm leaving work early to buy some champagne and then I'm camping in the living room by the TV...it might be the day to buy that giant flat screen TV for J...who the hell cares about sports!? I have an election to watch.

Laurel (without Hardy) said...

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Just a matter of time.

I'm going to get some champagne myself and CELEBRATE good times, come on!

No one (unfortunately that may include my kids) had better bother me tonight. I'm going to be busy! LOL

Anonymous said...

i know i didn't pick the important part of this to respond to - but i would just like to add that i am addicted to womanizer too. i hate myself for it, but how can something so wrong feel SO RIGHT?

congratulations on having lortab. i miss the days when i had left over pills. :)

Laurel (without Hardy) said...

It's terrible. I swear I squeel like a little girl when it comes on the radio. I already *cringes* know the words.

The lortab is great. I think it has helped me get through today. BTW, sar is a hilarious hag from MollyGood. It's a website I frequent. MG has the funniest hags around.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Voted for Obama here in SC but he isn't likely to carry the state unless something extraordinary happens. I agree wholeheartedly...people who do not vote do not get to complain.

Laurel (without Hardy) said...

I'm in Georgia. A *shudders* red state. I think we're going to be ok.

I had a wild fantasy last night about driving around and stealing McCane yard signs.

Jim put the kabosh on that. Buzz killer. Why can't I act like a punk ass kid once in a while? LOL

Anonymous said...

Be a punk ass...do it for me.

Laurel (without Hardy) said...

I am a punk ass.

Suck it repulican bitches!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

You go girl!

I'm so happy I can't even stand it!

Laurel (without Hardy) said...

I'm happy that Obama won. Very disappointed that prop h8te passed. Very sad.