Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today is a special day I'll never forget.

Seven years ago today, I was working at the hospital when the other nurses (I worked as an RN for 6 years) came hollaring. They said a plane had hit one of the Twin Towers. We watched nonstop. We saw when the second struck, and watched until they collapsed.


I have many opinions on what happened that day which I will NOT be talking about here ever. What does count today is the fact that over 3,000 people died that day. They died because some extremist group decided they wanted to fly some planes into the towers so they can go to Heaven with all their virgins.


My GI Joe is leaving next year for his FIFTH combat tour. This time he's going to Afghanastan. After meeting his troops and seeing the undying faith and affection they share I know that they will all protect each other. That gives me peace. So, I'll say this...


No comments: